Thursday, March 25, 2010

My HT shop

Ok, so I went ahead and went to HT b/c I really wanted the free coffee. My hub is not a coffee snob and will pretty much drink any coffee, and he drinks a lot of it now. He used to be an over-the-road truck driver and ANYthing I brew at home will be better than some of the nasty stuff found at truck stops. lol. Anyway, so I had my kids and my grandmother with me and I did ok. I did mess up though and pick up the wrong bags of Quaker rice snacks (I picked up the $3 bags instead of the $2 bags), but that was my fault. Then, of course, they micro-analyzed all my coupons and saw that my LaChoy ones said Do Not Double (which I hadn't even noticed) so I wasn't able to get my chow mein noodles. (rats! Would have been free!)
But since I was there anyway and it wasn't a special trip, I did get some freebies, so that was nice. And the best part is that even though EVERY single person I saw had coupons or a binder, or a box... nothing I wanted was out of stock! The only thing I wanted to get, but didn't was another JFG coffee. I am considering another trip to Publix on Sunday and I might just swing in to get some more coffee and maybe more Lysol and bread.

My shop:
2 Goldfish crackers $2.19 -$.75/1 mq = Free
1 Lysol Antibacterial Kt cleaner $1.44 (bogo) -$.50/1 mq = Free
1 Lysol Cling toilet cleaner $1.34 (bogo) -$.50/1 mq = Free
1 Lysol Lemon Anywhere cleaner $1.49 (bogo) -$.50/1 mq = Free
3 Taster's Choice single stick packs $1.19 - $.50/1 mq = Free
2 JFG Coffee $2.29 -$.75/1mq = Free
3 Texas Toast Croutons $1.85 - $.50/1 mq = $.35/ea
1 Sara Lee Whole Grain Bread $1.19 (bogo) -$.55/1 mq = Free
2 Single Cokes $1.49 -$.50/1 mq = Free
Total oop (incl tax) = $2.10
(essentially paying $1.05 for the croutons and tax for all)

My grandmother's shop:
2 Goldfish crackers $2.19 -$.75/1 mq = Free
1 Lysol Antibacterial Kt cleaner $1.44 (bogo) -$.50/1 mq = Free
1 Lysol Cling toilet cleaner $1.34 (bogo) -$.50/1 mq = Free
1 Lysol Lemon Anywhere cleaner $1.49 (bogo) -$.50/1 mq = Free
2 Taster's Choice single stick packs $1.19 - $.50/1 mq = Free
3 JFG Coffee $2.29 -$.75/1mq = Free
3 Quaker Rice snacks $3.00 - $.75/1 mq = $.75/ea
1 Sara Lee Whole Grain Bread $1.19 (bogo) -$.55/1 mq = Free
2 Mission tortillas $1.99 - $.75/1 mq = Free
2 Coffeemate $2.00 - $.75/1 mq = Free
Total oop (incl tax) = $3.62
(essentially paying $2.25 for the rice cakes and tax for all)

6 comments:

  1. That was a pretty good shop. They analyze everything at Harris Teeter. I haven't shopped there in months. Jason likes to do triples at Harris Teeter but I think he decided that he didn't want to do it again after this trip. It was too frustrating for him. He picked up a few things but he mainly went for the Dole frozen fruit and they were out of stock by 7:30am on the first day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I shopped there they told me they get a truck in on Sunday morning and when I shopped Sunday morning they were completely restocked on everything. I think a lot of people must be at church and hit HT afterward, so if there's something you really want, it might be better to go first thing Sunday morning instead of Wednesday. lol. I thought about getting the frozen fruit, but decided not to. Glad I didn't have it on my list! I might add it for Sunday though, I love it for smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and that was the first time I've done a triples/super-doubles in probably a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where is the Dole frozen q from? I can check the list too..... and good to know about Sunday! I might just go then! I usually go on the MOn after the sale starts and it's pretty well stocked. I was going to try to make it this time on Wed but didn't happen. So Sun it is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I found the Dole q but not the product- or at least not what I was thinking of. They had only big bags of mixed fruit for smoothies or such, but not bags of just one type of frozen fruit? And they were $3.29 or something like that? Is that all they have? I didn't see an empty space for anything like that I don't think?
    I did get cheap rice and some free things but not all that I was hoping for:(
    I went to BOTH HTs- Brentwood and the new Westhaven one. IT was much nicer but I only bought 4 items!

    ReplyDelete