Monday, June 21, 2010

Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target and Wal-Mart (yes, I went to Wal-Mart!)

Made the rounds yesterday. It was weird driving around and buying stuff, putting things into a small car (I'm driving a loaner while my van is in the shop). It really zips around, but I miss my van!

I made my usual Walgreens and Rite Aid Sunday run, but also hit up Target and Wal-Mart for a few deals. I'll be going back to Target for more Sobes! I love those things.

Wal-Mart
Wal-Mart was for Pampers wipes. I wasn't sure I'd find another deal on these, and hey, free is free. Of course the q's beep, and of course the cashier questioned it, but I convinced her they were ok to push through, so she did. *whew*. I think I have ten more of these coupons I haven't clipped yet, so I need to go dig those out before they expire on me.

16 Pampers wipes $1.97/ea
-$2/1 mq
1 Gum $.86
Total tax: $3.08

Total oop: $3.46


Target
10 Sobe
-2x BOGO mq -10x$.50/1 Targetqs
1 Trail Mix $3.29 (I am addicted to the Chocolate/banana/dried cherries mix...yuuuummm)
1 Cheddar Whales $1.00
Total tax: $.39 Total oop: $7.68 (used gift cards from previous purchases, so no cash spent)
Gift Cards Earned: $5.00

Rite Aid
Did the Motrin PM deal 11 times :) Left lots on the shelf, hoping to get a few more with my other q's by the end of the week. A note about the prices- I have a wellness card at the silver level so I get 10% off ALL non-sale items.
11 Motrin PM $3.00, Earn $3 Up+/ea
-$3/1 mq
2 Benevia (BOGO raincheck) $8.09
-$5/1 ip mq
-$2/1 RAVVq
$8 Rite Aid gift card
2 Reeses cup $.88/bogo sale
1 Old Spice Body Wash $4.31
-$free BW wyb Deo (equal or lesser value) = $4.31
1 Old Spice Fresh Collection Deo $4.94
-$free Deo wyb BW (equal or lesser value) = $4.31
Total tax: $4.32
Total oop: $2.92 ($2.90 on gift card, $.02 oop)
Total remaining on gift card purchased: $5.10

Walgreens
I had ordered 20 of the Neutrogena bars but was unable to get in to buy them while they were still 25% off. Darnit. That was a loss of $14! I placed some single photo orders on Saturday night for fillers. I really didn't want a ton of useless crap. Started with $69 in rr's.

21 Neutrogena fragrance free bar soap $2.69/ea
-$1/1 mq
32 pictures $.19/ea (for fillers)
5 Renu $7.49/ea
- $2/1 mq, $1/1 mq
1 Gillette Fusion Razor $9.89
-$4/1 mq
6 Rephresh Tampons $5.99
-$1/1 ip
13 Herbal Essences products $2.99
-$1/1 mq
9 Reeses cups $.49/ea w/in-adq
1 20oz Mt Dew $1.49
1 Lays chips $.99
3 Newspapers $1.19/ea
Total tax: $18.01
Total oop: $24.48

RR's leftover: $103.50, increased by $44.50
Total saved: $226.42;


Grand Totals:
Total oop: $38.54
Total Cash oop: $27.96
Total rr's/up+/gift cards, etc earned: $87.60
Total Profit overall: $59.64


Now, If only I could barter Body Wash at the Honda dealership to get my A/C fixed on my van!

5 comments:

  1. If you could barter for all the great surplus you have there isn't any telling what you could get. Amazing. I have three questions. 1)At Rite Aid, did you use the $8 gc you purchased during that transaction? I'm not sure if this were one or multiple transactions. 2)At Walgreens, how many transactions did you have to break this down into to get the RRs? 3)Did all of your RRs come from Neutrogena?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deena, lol! At Rite Aid, I did one transaction, with everything but the Motrins (one Motrin, but all the other ten were separate transactions). I purchased the gift card with the overage from the benevia and $5/25 I used, paid a whopping $.02 on that transaction! Then I used the gc to pay the tax on all the Motrin transactions.

    Walgreens- I had a ton of transactions... I don't even know... 30 maybe? I made two trips there in one day. RR's for Neutrogena, Herbal Essences, Gillette, Rephresh and Renu. I started with rr's from last week for Razors, um...and something else, I can't remember. $6rr and $4 rr's for the Hydros, and one $5 rr for the ProGlide.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Herbal Essences WAS rolling (don't know if it still is) so those were easy. Buy one Herbal Essences with $1/1 coupon, pay $1.99+tax, get a $2rr, then turn around and buy another with a small filler, use the mq and the $2rr from the previous purchase on this purchase, get another $2rr. That usually doesn't happen, but every now and then, there's a glitch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Brandy,

    I just wanted to give you an FYI on the Purex dryer sheets they are 2/$6 with a $1 +UP reward. There are $1.00 MQ's and you can use the $2 VV. You have a $1 MM. Thought I would pass it on to you. Thanks!

    Also, I wanted to let you know that I got the Juno baby DVD - awesome - thank you so much!!

    Christy in SC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Christy! I don't remember seeing that deal here (we're in the short ad area. BOO!) but for those in the regular area, great deal! Glad you got the dvd- it's very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete